Off to République Centrafricaine!

Details continue to firm up for the open door of ministry that I blogged about last week. God willing, we are scheduled to leave for central Africa on Tuesday, August 25. I said "we" because I now have a teammate confirmed for the trip. Ryan Aument, my son-in-law will be traveling with me and doing some of the training. Ryan leads and teaches in our growing young adult ministry here at Grace. He also is serving in his first term as the Clerk of Courts of Lancaster County (to read his bio, you can go to http://www.co.lancaster.pa.us/lanco/cwp/view.asp?a=502&q=608324&lancoNav=|&lancoNav_GID=987). One of the groups we will be training in the CAR will be government officials and workers. Given Ryan's vocation, he will have an immediate connection with this group (as I will with the pastors, educators and police chaplains that we will be working with). This is again another confirmation that God indeed has placed this open door of opportunity before us!

As more details become available, I will post periodic updates. But for now, I close with this verse: "make the most of every opportunity." (Colossians 4:5). We live in troubled times. And often, trouble in people's lives make for great opportunities to reach out with the love of Christ! God may not be calling you to go to Africa ... but He is calling you to go across the street (or wherever the hurting people are in your life!). So make the most of these opportunities to proclaim the love AND the gospel of Jesus Christ!

Thanks for stopping by . . .

pj

No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...