An Open Door (part 4)

If you have been following my blog this week, I have been discussing an open door of ministry that God appears to be laying before me. Yesterday, I mentioned the brief email that Dave Guiles of GBIM planned to send to Augustin after our initial conversation at Jane's Cafe. A mere two days after that meeting, Dave sent Augustin this email, in which he mentioned me (and my background) and my possible interest in assisting Augustin in his ministry. The very next day I received an email from Augustin. He expressed his need for my help whenever I could come. He told me to let him know as to when I was "convicted" to come (did he mean to say "convinced?"). I remember thinking ... "Wait a minute, Lord, I said I would pray about it!" At that point, I began praying with more fervency ... seeking His guidance and wisdom.

Across the course of the last two weeks of February and into the first week of March, I prayed and continued communicating with Agustin. Finally, last Friday I spoke again at length with Dave Guiles about the opportunity. He gave me additional information about Augustin, his ministry and the situation in central Africa. He ended the conversation by assuring me that should I decide to go, GBIM would be glad to assist me where needed. After hanging up the phone, I said to myself, "Self, I think God wants you to go to Africa!" But then myself responded, "John, you don't really want to go to Africa, do you?" (you know things are getting bad when you are engaging in conversation with yourself!). Still undecided, I sat down and began to work on Sunday morning's message. As I read one of the verses, God spoke to me. To find out what verse I read and what God was communicating to me ... please stop by tomorrow as I bring this week long story to a close (at least for now!).

Thanks for stopping by . . .

pj

No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...