Net Impact!

This morning I was awakened about 4:30 to the sound of the township's truck spreading salt in our cul de sac. "Oh great!" I mumbled to myself, "Will we have to cancel services today?" So I stumbled over to the window and looked out toward the street. Seeing very little snow on the lawn and nothing on the street, brought a smile to my sleepy face. Content that this morning's schedule could proceed as scheduled, I crawled back into bed to grab another hour of dreams.

Now as I type these words, a few flakes of snow are drifting lazily down from the clouds. In fact, for the past two hours, that's what's been happening. Snow lovers might not be liking it - but I sure am! This is one snow "storm" that is having NO NET IMPACT! In my opinion, that is the best kind of snow storm for a Sunday morning!

No impact! That's OK if we are talking snow storms - but it is not OK if we are talking about our lives. Yet far too many Christians are living what I call either "No Impact" or "Little Impact" lives. They are so into living for this moment and their own comfort - they make little or no impact on the lives of others. How about YOU? Are you living a "No Net Impact" life?

Thanks for stopping by . . .

pj

P.S. - HAPPY FIRST DAY OF METEOROLOGICAL SPRING!!!

No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...