DISTRACTIONS!


U.S. Transportation Secretary, Ray Hood, opened a two day meeting to discuss the danger of distracted drivers (6,000 people were killed and over a half a million seriously injured last year alone due to drivers being distracted while driving their vehicles) by saying, "To put it plainly, distracted driving is a menace to society. Distracted driving is an epidemic and it seems to be getting worse every year."  And just what is it that distracts drivers? The biggest culprit is the use of hand held mobile devices. People just can't seem to stop texting or dialing while driving ... and its obviously hard to do both at the same time - and therefore the problem!

Distractions are not only a problem for drivers - they are also a problem for followers of Christ. And this is often true when it comes to connecting with God through prayer. I know it is for me! That's why, when I stumbled across a book this week that addresses the topic, I did not hesitate to order it (well, I did hesitate long enough to read a review and see who was endorsing it - once satisfied, I bought it.) The title is, A Praying Life: Connecting with God in a Distracting World. It is written by Paul E.Miller. I plan to work my way through it this month and then place a review of the book here on my blog when done. So check back in about a month. But in the meantime - what is distracting you from connecting with God?

Thanks for stopping by . . .

pj

No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...