I Like to Read!






As you can see from my listing of current reading, I like to read. One of the books I just started is the book, Rediscovering Holiness: Know the Fulness of Life with God by J.I. Packer. In the preface to his book, Packer explains what has shaped this particular book:


"The shape this book has taken reflects my belief that there is need to blow the whistle on the sidelining of personal holiness that has been a general trend among Bible-centered Western Christians during my years of ministry. It is not a trend that one would have expected, since Scripture insists so strongly that Christians are called to holiness, that God is pleased with holiness but outraged by unholiness, and that without holiness none will see the Lord. But the shift of Christian interest away from the pursuit of holiness to focus on fun and fulfillment, ego massage and techniques for present success . . . is a fact. To my mind it is a sad and scandalous fact, and one that needs to be reversed." 

Amen, J.I.! Right on! May God help us to reverse this trend ... and may He start right here with me!

Thanks for stopping by . . .

pj

No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...