A Lesson from a Back Yard Game of Wiffleball


On Saturday afternoon, I spent an enjoyable hour playing some backyard wiffleball with my ten year old grandson. It would have been more than an hour if my grandson had his way. Every time I thought we had just played the last inning, he found a way to get me to play another (Am I smarter than a fourth grader? Obviously not!). Finally, when my body was screaming at me to quit - I laid down the law! The inning we were playing would be the last - no, ifs and or buts about it!  And it was!

Now as the game wore on and I wore out - my grandson kept asking more of me. "One more inning, Papa John, please?"  Of course, what am I going to say to the pleading voice of an adorable grandson? Forget it pal? Hardly!" So I kept giving him one more. But finally I came to the point of having no more to give! At that point I had to call it a game!

When we go to our Father in Heaven ... and we ask ... and we ask ... and we ask for more and more and more ... unlike me, He will ALWAYS have MORE to give!  He never tires ... never runs out of resources or patience. "Ask and you will receive," Jesus said (See Matthew 7:7-11). Remember, we will get tired of asking before God even breaks a sweat in giving!

Thanks for stopping by . . .

pj

No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...