Flight Delayed





"Flight Delayed." No air traveler wants to see those words, but they are the words that I saw staring back at me when I checked the status of my flight. I am due to fly to Detroit and there connect with a flight to South Bend, Indiana. At the airport I will then rent a car and drive to my final destination - Winona Lake, IN - that is provided I ever leave Harrisburg. I am heading to WL for another Grace College Board matter. I am due to return home tomorrow evening. Oh, they just called my flight. Looks like we are about to board. I will wrap this up later.

Well, here I am at the Comfort Inn in Warsaw, Indiana (which is adjacent to Winona Lake). As it turned out, both of my flights were delayed about an hour each. But that's OK. Better delayed than cancelled. Yet delays are something we are not particularly fond of. Especially when we are facing some sort of need and we want God to act like yesterday! But God works on a different timetable. And given that he is a God of infinite wisdom, his timetable is a lot better than ours. So even in the face of what are unwelcome delays to us, we must be patient, knowing that God "does all things beautiful in his time!" (see Ecclesiastes chapter 3)

Thanks for stopping by . . .

pj

No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...