A Lesson from the Mouth of a Child . . .

We are in the middle of our Vacation Bible School here at Grace. So each morning (Monday through Friday) we run our VBS from 9 to noon. On our first two days, we have had approximately 200 children (preschool through elementary) present, along with the 50 or so staff. So things are hopping! My role in this year's VBS is to play the role of "Pizza Man." During each morning's opening and closing, we do a three person skit to either introduce or review the theme of the morning (the other two characters in case  you are wondering are "Mac the Maintenance Man" and "Water Woman"). It's been fun!

As part of the morning rotation, each group spends time on a missions theme. This year they are learning about our Hand-in-Hand orphan school that we sponsor. The school is located in Bangui, the capital of the Central African Republic. Last September when I was there, I met the teacher of our school and some of the students (the school year had not yet started). I tell you that because on Monday we showed the kids a video that Grace Brethren International Mission produced on our school. .They included a photo of me standing next to our teacher. Some of the younger kids responded with, "Wow! The Pizza Man even went to Africa!"  Young kids can be very easily impressed!  :)

As I thought about that, I thought about the fact that Our God is EVERYWHERE! He is right here in Lancaster, PA ... but he is every bit as much present in Bangui, C.A.R.! The psalmist put it this way, "If I go up to the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in the depths, you are there. If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast" (Psalm 139:8-10).

Always remember that there is no where that you can go that God won't already be there waiting for you! Now that's a comfort!!!

Thanks for stopping by . . .

pj

No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...