Let it Rain!

Memorial Day afternoon (at least at my house) ended with a drenching T-Storm that just did not seem to want to end. We picked up a good two inches of rain in about an hour and a half. If this were winter and all that rain would have been snow, at a ten inches of snow for an inch of liquid -- we would have had over a foot and half of snow in that small amount of time! Ouch! I'm guessing even snow lovers would struggle with that! But since Monday's precipitation was rain, it does not have the "Wow" impact that a snow event would have had!

Now some of you who live outside of the Willow Street area here in Lancaster County might be wondering, "What rain is PJ talking about? We didn't get any rain and I only live a few miles south of Willow Street." Welcome to summer time precipitation events. Whereas in the winter months, precipitation events tend to be more widespread, during summer months, T-Storms can drop buckets of rain on one street and two streets away nothing!

As I reflected on the rainfall we had, I thought about God's Word. The Bible likens the ministry of the Word to rain falling from the clouds. In Isaiah 55:10-11, we read the following words of God:

"As the rain and the snow, come down from heaven, and do not return to it without watering the earth and making it bud and flourish, so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater, so is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire  and achieve the purpose for which I sent it."

That's quite the promise! 
Thanks for stopping by . . . 

pj

No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...