A La Carte

Take a moment and check out the following ...

1. Here is a little drummer boy (I believe he's four) who shows a lot of passion for what he is doing. Passion - something we all should have if we are truly pursuing God!

2. “If after watching The Voyage of the Dawn Treader (which released in US theaters this past weekend), you find yourself or your kids feeling drawn to Aslan with alarming emotion, don’t assume it’s just the result of some cinematic spell. . ." Click here to read more from Desiring God's web site.

3. This past weekend my son and I traveled to Pittsburgh. We visited with some friends (I lived in the Pittsburgh area from 1984 to 1989) on Saturday. Then on Sunday, we went with some other friends to church ... and from there to the Steelers' game (a first for both Tim and me). Despite the cold and damp weather, we had a blast. The game changing play was made by Steeler safety Troy Polamalu who professes to have a strong faith in God. The 700 club had a video interview on the web which was recently shut down due to copyright issues. I viewed the video and was impressed by what Troy had to say about God, family and football. He's one superstar who has it together.

4. Whenever I sing Martin Luther's Christmas Carol, Away in a Manger, I find myself changing the words of his second stanza. Luther writes, "The cattle are lowing, the poor Baby wakes. But little Lord Jesus, no crying he makes." When I sing this stanza, I change the word "no" to "some." Every human baby that I have ever been around cries. If Jesus was fully human (which he was) then he must have cried (which I believe he did). But did Jesus ever get the stomach virus? Click here for some thoughts on this question.


Thanks for stopping by . . .

pj

No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...