To Start Off Your Week

One of the devotional books I enjoy reading (I read it most mornings), is the classic, Morning by Morning. This inspirational work was written by C.H. Spurgeon who was arguably one of the greatest preachers of his day. As I read his entry for last Friday, I was struck by the following:

"We may often forget to mediate upon the perfections of our Lord, but He never ceases to remember us. Let us chide ourselves for past forgetfulness, and pray for grace that we might constantly and fondly remember Him." 

He then finishes with this prayer, a prayer that we would all benefit from if we prayed it regularly:

"Lord, paint upon the eyeballs of my soul the image of your Son." 

C.H. - I say a hearty "Amen!" to that!
Thanks for stopping by . . . 

pj

No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...