Think on This!

D.A. Carson is one of evangelicalism's leading New Testament scholars. I was privileged to sit under his teaching during my Doctor of Ministry program. When he writes a new book or article, it's always on my list to read. Below is a quote I stumbled across that hit me right between my spiritual eyes. I offer it up to you to think about as you reflect on just where you happen to be in your walk with Christ.

"People do not drift toward holiness. Apart from grace-driven effort, people do not gravitate toward godliness, prayer, obedience to Scripture, faith, and delight in the Lord. We drift toward compromise and call it tolerance; we drift toward disobedience and call it freedom; we drift toward superstition and call it faith. We cherish the indiscipline of lost self-control and call it relaxation; we slouch toward prayerlessness and delude ourselves into thinking we have escaped legalism; we slide toward godlessness and convince ourselves we have been liberated." —D.A. Carson

Thanks for stopping by . . .
 pj

No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...