A Prayer for Your Weekend

From time to time, I run across a written prayer that causes me to pause and pray. Here is one such prayer. I encourage you spend a few moments praying it back to our God. It comes from the pen of John Piper, in his devotional book, Life As a Vapor.

"Gracious Father, grant me a lowly spirit of gratitude. Make me feel the preciousness of past grace. Give me an honest memory of mercy. Forgive me for the pride of unremembered gifts and callous thanklessness. Waken faith in my wavering soul and give me strong confidence in your solid promises. Where past and future meet, make me humble and bold. In Jesus' name and for His sake, Amen."

Thanks for stopping by . . .

pj

No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...