A Prayer for Your Wednesday (and everyday for that matter!)

I have been quite busy since getting back from my vacation last week and therefore have been slow to get back to posting on my blog. Today I hope to do some writing for the rest of the week. Until then, here is a prayer from John Piper's devotional book, Life as a Vapor. I invite you to make his prayer your prayer today:


O Lord, this is our heart's desire: Make us meek, and make us mighty. Give us confidence in the finished work of Christ, and give us humility because we are so far from perfection. Open our eyes to the wonder of what You have already done. And forbid that we would claim more now than is true. We are weak, we are sinful, and we need Your help. Thank You for our permanent acceptance in Christ. Thank You for laying hold on us. Now complete the work You have begun. In Jesus' name, we pray, Amen. 

Thanks for stopping by . . .

pj

No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...