Out of Retirment ... Sort of!

Back in February of 1986, I taught the first of what would prove to be many Walk Thru the OT or NT seminars (I am guessing about 250 or so across the years). Three years ago I made the decision to step away from teaching the OT/NT Walk Thru Seminars. Last April I got a call from WTB asking me if I would consider going back to Delaware Country Christian School this March to teach a NT Walk. Initially I said "No." But with some coaxing ... I gave in. I had already taught four seminars at the school, beginning in 1996 and teaching every third year after that. So this year would be seminar #5 at the school.

I spent this morning at the school teaching ... and head back for another two hour slot tomorrow afternoon. After teaching for three hours today, I now know why I gave it up. I might have the passion to continue doing so ... but my "get up and go" energy has sort of "got up and gone!"  And seeing that I hit the double fives later this week - I know why!

All this to say "I LOVE GOD'S WORD!" I love to read it ... I love to study it ... I love to teach it.  Now I must admit I struggle with living it! But, by God's grace and the Spirit's help, I am striving to put into practice what I learn from the Word and teach to others.

When you think of me ... pray that I will not be merely a "hearer" of the Word, but also a "doer." (James 1:22). And I will pray for you to do the same!

Thanks for stopping by . . .

pj

No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...