Is Today THE Day?

When I looked at the calendar this morning, I was reminded of the prediction by Harold Camping of Family Radio that today, May 21, 2011 is Judgment Day. This prediction has been getting a lot of press lately ... and most of the television reporters and anchors that I saw discussing it, did so with a sublte smirk or outright scorn. I simply shook my head.

So ... is Jesus coming back today? He could, no doubt. But WILL he?  Consider:

Harold Camping: "Jesus is coming back May 21, 2011."
Jesus Christ: "But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father."  (Matthew 24:36)
  
Thanks for stopping by . . . (and GOD WILLING I will post again soon), 

pj 

2 comments:

Day-Dreaming Optimist said...

I know, it just makes me shake my head at this news. How dare we, the clay, make decisions that only the potter can make? Nobody will know. Tomorrows news will be most interesting, don't you think?

Also, I posted an award for you on my blog. It is up to you to post it on yours, but it is my way of showing you how much I appreciate your thoughts. God has given you a gift of writing.
www.ameaningofoptimist.blogspot.com

Pastor John said...

Thanks for your gracious encouragement! Much appreciated!!

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...