May 22, 2011

This morning I hopped onto the Family Radio web site ... and sure enough, when their home page popped up on my screen, so did the words, "Judgement Day, May 21,2011. The Bible guarantees it!" (I wonder what version of the Bible Mr. Camping was using!??!)

Now I don't know how many people have done what Camping has done (at least twice that I know of). Down through the centuries since Christ, many have set a date (that they have arrived at via their study of the Bible) on which they were convinced Jesus was going to return. Now it is OK to long for Jesus' return. In fact, more of us followers of Christ could stand to do so far more than we do (Philippians 3:20). But let's all of us be sure that whenever we study the Bible, that we do so carefully, prayerfully, correctly handling the word of Truth (2 Timothy 3:15).

Thanks for stopping by . . .

pj

No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...