Let My People Think!


There are times when I look at what people do and I ask myself, “WHAT were they thinking?”  That question popped into my mind as I viewed the evening news recently. Shawn Wiemer, a Detroit area man, made a 3 AM stop at a convenience store. The clerk, taking note that Wiemer was drunk, must have asked him if he was driving. Wiemer quickly pointed out that he brought a designated driver along ... his 9 year old daughter!  To read more about this bizarre story, check out a Los Angeles local newscast coverage of the story. 

Many people today just don’t think (OK, perhaps their situation is not as extreme as the situation above – but people would rather be entertained and amused today than think).  God calls His people to THINK!  In 1 Peter 1:13, Peter tells us that we must be “preparing our MINDS for action.”  Jesus Himself told us we are to love the Lord our God “with all our heart and with all our soul and with all our MIND” (Matthew 22:37).  So God calls out to all of us, “Let my people think!”  If you need some guidance on what you need to think about, open your Bible and read Philippians 4:8 and THINK! 

Thanks for stopping by . . . 
pj

No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...