Think on This!

I am sure most Christians would agree that as followers of Jesus our lives should be different from the lives of unbelievers who surround us. Yet, far too frequently, we Christians tend to blend right in with our ungodly world. I believe this occurs because so many believers do not take the gospel seriously! God calls us as Christians to be a community of those who "love God, even to the contempt of self" as opposed to those who "love self, even to the contempt of God" (the words quoted are the words of the early church theologian, St. Augustine in his work, The City of God).

So ... my friends, are we learning to love God ... even to the contempt of self?  That is what God is calling us to do!

Thanks for stopping by . . .
pj

No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...