When You Need Help . . .

There is a rather bizzare movement that has taken hold in America ... and I am not talking about the "Occupy Broad Street" movement. Unlike the "occupy" movement which is anti-corporate greed, this movement is all about anti-crime. It has been fueled in part by the rash of superhero films that have made it to the screen in the past few years (think Spiderman, Batman, Ironman, the Green Lantern, Captain America ... just to name a few). Inspired by these comic book world superheroes, a growing number are donning superhero costumes in the real world. And they are doing their best to go after the bad guys. Take for example, Benjamin Foder. His hero name is Phoenix Jones and as PJ (Phoenix Jones) he wears a black mask and a matching muscle body suit. He belongs to a Seattle area group of superheros known as the Rain City Superhero Movement. These individuals all don various superhero outfits as they do their part in attempting to keep crime in check.To read more about this phenomena, check out the real life superheroes web site (the site lists approximately 600 members worldwide.)

Being a guy who has seen a few superhero movies and in my youth read more than a few superhero comics, I must admit I kinda like the idea of a superhero appearing out of nowhere in my hour of need. But really, I don't need a superhero. As a follower of Jesus Christ, I have Almighty God, the Creator of the Universe dwelling inside of me in the person of the Holy Spirit (see John 14:15-17).  So why would I need some guy in a cape to save me when God's Spirit is always with me? I think I will take my chances with God. How about you?

Thanks for stopping by . . .
pj

No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...