Our Foggy Future

This morning when I walked out my door to retrieve the morning newspaper, I was greeted by a blanket of fog – a blanket that was quite heavy early on (at least surrounding my house). So I was very glad to see that much of the fog had dissipated by the time I had to hop in my car and head off for my day. I don’t know how you feel about driving in foggy conditions … but I don’t like it one bit! I like to see clearly what lies ahead of me when I am driving – which is something that isn’t going to be the case on a real foggy morning!

Living out our lives is a lot like driving in the fog. We can only see so far ahead. As much as we might like to be able to see around the next corner, it is fruitless to even try. Only God knows what lies before us as we walk (or run!) through our daily routines. But isn’t that a comfort? Knowing that the God who made me and saved me has my days in HIS hands brings me a lot of peace. And peace is in short supply in our anxiety saturated world. I hope you can find peace today knowing that you and your future are in the Almighty’s hands.

 Thanks for stopping by,
pj

No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...