A Prayer for Your Weekend


Here is a prayer for your weekend based on a Puritan prayer from the book, The Valley of Vision. Take a moment to reflect on this prayer ... and then make it your own!






O God of mercy, God of grace, 
I must confess that all too often
I take your amazing grace for granted. 
I do not thank you, nor do I praise you
nearly enough
For giving to me what I in absolutely 
no way deserve or merit. 

O Lord, I am astonished at the difference
between my receivings and my deservings, 
between the state I am now in and my past gracelessness,
between the heaven I am bound for and the hell I merit. 

Who made me to differ but You?
What do I now have that I did not receive from Your gracious hand? 

Father, may you bless me so that I will live
Every day, every moment in the full awareness of your grace. 
May I never tire of offering You the thanks and praise
That You, and You alone deserve! 

In the name of the Three-in-One,
Father, Son and Holy Spirit. 


Amen 


Thanks for stopping by . . .
pj

No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...