Spend Time in God's Word!

Last year I read one of Sam Storm's devotional books on the psalms (More Precious Than Gold: 50 Daily Meditations on the Psalms). As I read, I found my mind being sharpened, my faith being strengthened, my heart being warmed and my soul being encouraged. For me it was a great read. Below are his concluding remarks on his devotional meditation on Psalm 119 ... the longest of the 150 psalms and one which should be read on a regular basis (my humble opinion). Please take a moment and read (and then re-read) Storm's remarks.


God's Word is exquisite, sublime, splendid, and sweet. God’s Word is powerful, faithful, righteous, and true. God’s Word is great, glorious, grand, and good. Why? Because in it we see God. Through it, he draws near. By means of its truth, we experience the incomparable joy of knowing him and seeing him and beholding the beauty of his infinite elegance. Hear, O Lord, our prayer: “Open my eyes, that I may behold wondrous things out of your law!” (Ps. 119:18).


Thanks for stopping by . . .
pj

No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...