Transforming Prayer

One of my nine resolutions for this new year of 2012 is to "pray better, pray more."  Therefore, when I saw what looked to be an interesting Kindle book on prayer on Amazon for just $2.99, I decided to purchase it. One chapter down ... and I am very glad I did. The book is titled, Transforming Prayer: How Everything Changes When You Seek God's Face.   To give you just a taste of the book ... here is an insight that gripped me:


"Prayer seeks the face of God before the hand of God. God’s face is the essence of who He is. God’s hand is the blessing of what He does. God’s face represents His person and presence. God’s hand expresses His provision for needs in our lives. I have learned that if all we ever do is seek God’s hand, we may miss His face; but if we seek His face, He will be glad to open His hand and satisfy the deepest desires of our hearts."

(Henderson, Daniel (2011-01-01). Transforming Prayer (p. 27). Bethany House Publishers. Kindle Edition.)

If you have a kindle (or iPad), I highly recommend the book. Especially if you have that same desire as I do to "pray better, pray more!"  At the bargain price of $2.99 - it's a purchase you don't want to miss out on (no guarantee on how long Amazon will keep the price that low.).

Thanks for stopping by . . .

pj

No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...