Asking for an Open Door!

There have been times (just a few) that I have found myself locked out of my own house. How so? Well, there was the time I took off for a walk and did not take my keys (since my wife was at home). However, her plan to head out to run some errands was totally unknown to me. So when she left the house, she locked the front door (as is our habit) and left. So when I returned and found the front door locked (and with her car not in the driveway) I realized she had gone out. At that point I proceeded to check the back door and the patio door ... hoping (and silently praying) that I would find an open door. On that occasion I did not. So I just sat around until she returned - glad that it was a nice day! 

The Apostle Paul also found himself hoping to find an open door. To the church in Colossae he wrote, "At the same time, pray also for us, that God may open a door for the word, to declare the mystery of Christ . . ." (see Colossians 4:2-4). Just as Paul asked for an open door, I encourage you to do the same. Pray that there would be open, receptive hearts to the word in your church from day to day and week to week. In addition, ask God to give you open doors to share the gospel with your neighbors, classmates, co-workers, families and friends. In the book of Acts, we are told that "The Lord opened her (Lydia's) heart to respond to Paul's message" (Acts 16:14). Let's ask God to do for those around us ... both within our church and without ... what he did for Lydia! 

Take some time today ... and EVERYDAY to ask God for an open door(s)! 

Thanks for stopping by . . . 
pj

No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...