Talk About a Stupid Dog Trick!


The old saying that truth is stranger than fiction is often proven in the stories that you can run across in the newspaper or on the Internet. Take for example the story of a Chinese woman who actually gave her dog (that’s right, her D-O-G) a driving lesson!  She claimed that Fido (probably not the dog’s name – I mean do you know any Chinese dogs by that name?) liked to sit in the front seat with his paws on the wheel.  So she decided to give him a go at driving her car. While she operated the accelerator and brake, she allowed Fido to operate the steering wheel.  It did not take very long before she, Fido and her car collided with an oncoming vehicle.  Fortunately there were no serious injuries or damage done. 

Now, that is quite the tale. It’s a good thing that her car did not spin out of control and land on its woof.  And it is also good that it happened before it got bark.  (OK – I’ll quit with the puns and get back to my thoughts!)  How could anyone think that a dog could safely navigate a car through traffic on a busy street is beyond me.  But then again, a lot of what people do is beyond me. But before I start pointing the finger at others – I need to look at myself.  Because just as I shake my head at this woman trying to do something like teaching her dog to drive, I am sure that God often shakes His head at some of the stupid and foolish things I do – things that I could avoid if I were to simply pay closer attention to God’s Word.  Will I ever learn?  Will YOU ever learn?  I sure hope so.  And I hope it’s sooner rather than later! 

Thanks for stopping by . . . 
pj

No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...