Do YOU Struggle to Pray?

If you are anything like me ... you will have to admit that you are not satisfied with your "prayer life." I am not. So often when I set aside time to pray, something comes up that demands my attention. And since that "something" keeps screaming until I do something about it .... I reluctantly take action and leave my good intention of praying more and praying better behind (for an excellent treatment of this regular happening of life, check out the booklet, The Tyranny of the Urgent by Charles E. Hummel.

Because I struggle to pray as I know I should, I made a commitment this year to read the Complete Works of E. M. Bounds on Prayer.  I knew that this man was a man who knew how to pray ... and prayed! Therefore, I figured in reading his works, I would find encouragement to pray. I have not been disappointed.

Here are two quotes that I encountered today, both of which have challenged me! I hope you find encouragement in them as well!


"If men would pray as they ought to pray, the marvels of the past would he more than reproduced. The gospel would advance with a facility and power it has never known. Doors would be thrown open to the gospel, and the Word of God would have a conquering force rarely, if ever, known before."

"He who counts the hairs of our head, and who is not too lofty and high to notice the little sparrow which falls to the ground, is not too great and high to note everything which concerns the happiness, the needs and the safety of his children."

Thanks for stopping by . . . 
pj





No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...