Thursday A La Carte

Here are just a few offerings for this week:

1. One of the most influential books I have ever read (besides the Bible, of course) is J.I. Packer's wonderful primer on God, Knowing God. I read this book about a year after it was first published in 1973. At the time I was half way through my freshman year in college ... and had only been a Christian for less than 3 years. If you want to get to know God better ... I can hardly think of better book that will help you in your pursuit. Here is a list of some great quotes from that book! 

2. Here is a "spot on" article, Should We Stop Saying, "The Church Hurt Me?"   I wish we could include this article as required reading for anyone who claims to follow Jesus!

3. "So was God in control when my dog died? Why would God kill my dog?"  Hmm. How would you answer those questions in light of the biblical teaching on God's sovereignty? Here is a great article, 3 Mistakes We Make When Talking about the Sovereignty of God. 

4. Here is a topic you don't hear or read much about (to our detriment!) .... Be Killing Sin or Else.   And if you want to read more on how to kill sin ... click here for the first of a four part series on the topic (you can find the other three parts at the bottom of the page).

5. On a lighter note . . . 

Thanks for stopping by . . .
pj


No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...