Friday Coffee with PJ

On this fine winter day ... during a winter that does not seem to want to release its icy grip ... why don't you grab a cup of hot coffee, tea or chocolate and join me for a few minutes of random thinking.

1. Today is, let me think . . . ahh, yes . . . today is Valentine's Day. Just kidding of course! I am guessing the day probably means more to women than men, which is quite a shame, really! As I see it, this day is a great reminder of just how we husbands need to be treating our wives. The Bible is quite clear on this as we are commanded (did you hear that guys? COMMANDED) by God to love our wives. And this is not some sort of casual love that is being mandated ... but a love exemplified by Jesus Christ himself when he gave his life for us "while we were yet sinners" (Romans 5:8). So husbands ... are you loving your wives as Christ loved the church, His bride (Ephesians 5:25)?  If she were to be asked, :"Does your husband cherish you?" how do you think she would respond?  Cherishing one's wife is not a once a year sort of thing that you add to your schedule. It needs to be an every day happening! May God help all of us husbands to do just that! I know I have some growing to do in this area!

2. Snow! You done with it too? I sure am. Two consecutive mornings of blowing out my driveway and digging out our mini-van (which, by the way, I still cannot believe we have!) is more than ENOUGH for me! But I must admit I did enjoy using my snow blower, especially yesterday. After doing some preliminary shoveling in front of my garage so I could get my snow blower out and ready to use, I was thrilled to watch the snow blower do most of the work!. These machines are real back savers! If you don't have one, I hope you know someone who does! But this snow will soon be a distant memory (well, after yet some more tonight!). I can see it now ... I will be cutting the grass or spreading some mulch, complaining about the work. OH we human beings are so hard to please! Let's all purpose to put off the griping ... and put on contentment. After all, there are many, many people who have no home and therefore no driveway to clear of snow, nor lawn to cut, nor flower beds to mulch.The vast majority of us our very wealthy compared to much of our world's population. Let's also purpose to use this wealth to further the work of God's kingdom . . . and to help the poor! Let's practice biblical, God-honoring, Kingdom-advancing stewardship!

Thanks for stopping by . . .
pj


No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...