A Future Wedding Celebration that Will Be Out of This World!

My wife and I before 2008 wedding of our oldest daughter
Recently over breakfast, I shared a bit with my friend about how I felt when I returned my final of three tuxedo rentals following my oldest daughter's wedding (who was the last of my three children to be married). It was, for me a bitter sweet experience. Sweet to know that all my children were now moving on in their lives with wonderful partners at their sides. Bitter, though, to think that I would never again enjoy being the father of the bride or groom at a wedding - which I found to be most fulfilling and fun . . . until, that is, I had to reach for the checkbook! :)

As much joy and pleasure that was mine at the wedding receptions of my three children, there is coming another wedding banquet that will far surpass those experiences! I am speaking of what the Bible refers to as the “Marriage Supper of the Lamb.”  This "wedding reception" is by invitation only! But don't worry. If you have made a faith commitment to Jesus Christ, you ARE on the invitation list. But don't be looking for a "save the date" card, for that date is known only by God and he is not telling! 

This heavenly banquet is discussed in Revelation chapter 19.  In verses 7 and 8 we read, “Let us rejoice and be glad and give him glory!  For the wedding of the Lamb has come, and his bride has made herself ready. Fine linen, bright and clean, was given her to wear. (Fine linen stands for the righteous acts of the saints)." Did you catch what was said about what we will be wearing to this tremendous celebration?  We will be wearing fine linen – and this fine linen stands for our “righteous acts!”  So I  rented the tux which I wore for my daughters' and son’s wedding, but for THE SON’S wedding, I will be wearing attire that I myself make.  And I am making it right NOW – in this life.  Gulp!  And this is true for every follower of Christ.  So the question for me – and for YOU is this: How will we be dressed at the Marriage Supper of the Lamb?  Rags?  Scruffy tee shirt and ratty jeans?  Or will we be in attire more fitting for a wedding celebration?  It’s all up to YOU (and me!).  Living for Jesus will weave for us attire appropriate for that occasion.  So by God’s grace – let’s go live for HIM and get ready for the wedding to come!  

Thanks for stopping by . . . 
pj

No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...