Friday Coffee with PJ

Pour yourself a cup of your favorite morning brew and join me for a couple of random thoughts.

1. If you think Americans drink a lot of coffee ... you are both right and wrong. The United States ranks 25th in the number of cups of coffee consumed per person. The average American drinks 1.6 cups of coffee each day. Now when you consider that a number of Americans don't touch the stuff, that means that some Americans are drinking quite a bit of java! And if you are wondering what country leads the world in per capita (per person) coffee consumption, you don't need to wonder any more. I am going to tell  you. It is FINLAND! The Finns drink a whopping 4.7 cups of coffee for every person in the country. Coming in at a distant second is NORWAY at 3.9 cups per person. Now this should not surprise us. If you think our winters are long and cold ... plan a trip to Finland or Norway next winter! In order to stay warm, these Scandinavians drink a lot of coffee! I don't drink coffee to stay warm. I drink it because I like the taste of it. Others can't stand the taste. To each his own, I guess.

2.  I am thinking most people here in Lancaster County (and many other places around the country) are about done with winter! I know I am! It was so cold this morning, that when I pulled into a car wash to get all the corrosive salt off of my car, the first spray of water that hit my windshield froze on contact! Now that's cold! I am so very glad that spring (at least on paper!) is only 13 days away. That is less than TWO WEEKS! Yea! I can't wait! Now I am going to guess that once spring does arrive and brings with it the annual mulching of the flowerbeds and the weekly mowing of the grass . . . that it won't be long before I am complaining about having to do all that! When it comes right down to it, we human beings are really really good at complaining. Yep. That's me alright! So ... if you are anything like me (and I am thinking you are!) ... the next time you catch yourself complaining (and I guarantee you won't have to wait long IF you are listening to yourself talk) ... put off the complaining and put on in its place some thanksgiving to God! You (and those around you) will be better for it and God will be honored in the process!

Thanks for stopping by . . .
pj

No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...