An Unusual Occurrence


Last week I logged over 1200 miles of highway driving. During those 20 hours or so I experienced many "usual" things ... like pulling into roadside rest stops, filling up my gas tank, and, of course, keeping an eye out for any upcoming Starbucks (and if a Starbucks was not available, I settled for a McDonald's). But there was one "usual" that I did not experience (and believe me, I am NOT complaining!). I did not experience one traffic slow-down. No construction slow-downs, no accident or disabled vehicle slow-downs and no "what was that slow-down about?" slow-downs. I can't recall a road trip that I recently have taken on which that  has happened! Oh, if they could all be like that!

You see, in our "let's get where we are going ASAP" society, none of us like slow-downs, no matter what form they may take. We are always in such a hurry to get from here to there or from there to here! And I am guessing that I am probably guilty of this more than the average person! All of us should take the advice offered up to us in Psalm 46:10 ... to "be still and know that God is God!"

As a young Christian, I was introduced to the concept of practicing a daily "quiet time." That has become an MO (Modus Operandi) of my life. We all need to carve some time out of our busy and loud world so that we can spend some time quietly before God ... in HIS WORD ... so that we can hear HIS voice!  So ... given this, here's a question for you: Do you practice a quiet time each day? If you don't, you should. If you do, continue to guard it. Your life will be better for it and your relationship with God will be far richer!

Thanks for stopping by . . .
pj

No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...