Friday Coffee with PJ

Grab your coffee ... and spend a few minutes with me as I share a few random thoughts with you.

1. In the past couple of weeks, I have heard news about people that has reminded me over and over again that we live in a broken world. Whether it be someone losing their job or their life . . . these reports about people, many of whom I know, make me long for heaven. Oh for that day when pain, heart ache, grief, hurt, disease, death are all "a thing of the past!" And that day is coming! Take a moment and open a Bible and read the last four chapters of Revelation, the Bible's final book. As you contemplate earth's final days, ask yourself . . . AM I PREPARED TO MEET MY CREATOR? If you have any doubts, I encourage you to check out Two Ways to Live: The Choice We All Face. 

2. This week the Christian cyberspace lit up with all kinds of opinions about World Vision's decision to hire openly "married" gay partners. The controversy continued when, two days later World Vision reversed their decision. So what are we to make of all of this? Kevin DeYoung offers up Three Final Reflections. His thoughts on the topic are worth chewing on!

3. As I write these words, I feel very tired. Part of my fatigue is physical in nature (which results when one awakens at 3:45 in the morning and is unable to fall back to sleep). But the other part ... and perhaps the bigger part ... is the weariness of soul I am feeling right now. One reason for this soul-weariness is all this news I have received of late of people facing difficult circumstances in their lives. Another reason is the pressure I feel from my every growing "to-do" list. All that said, I am going to sign off now and complete one other task. Then I am going to go and spend some time quietly before God (see Tuesday's post).

Thanks for stopping by . . .
pj

No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...