A Twenty Two Pound Cat Acts Like the Devil!

What would you do if your 22 pound cat (that's right ... 22 pounds!!!) attacked your baby and then starting coming after you? You'd probably react just as an Oregon couple did earlier this week. They grabbed the baby, ran into their bedroom, slammed the door behind them, and called 911 and then waited for the police to arrive (the 911 dispatcher said she could hear the cat growling and screeching in the background!).

You might be thinking I am making this up ... but I am not (click here for confirmation). According to the owners, the cat has a history of violent behavior. But they are not going to give up on their cat. They plan to get it the medical attention and therapy that it needs to become a quieter and gentler feline! Hmm. That's not quite what I would be doing if the cat were mine. But I don't really have to spend a lot of time thinking about what I would do in that situation as I would never have a cat to begin with. No offense to all you cat lovers out there, but I am perfectly happy living with just my wife (with the occasional invasion of the grandkids!).

As I thought of this rather humorous news story, I thought of something that is far more serious. And that is the spiritual attacks we face day in and day out. The Bible makes it clear that Satan (and company) is on the prowl. Therefore, we must be alert (1 Peter 5:8). We are told that we must resist him and we are promised when we do so, Satan will flee (James 4:7)! We resist by putting on the full armor of God as detailed by Paul in Ephesians 6:10-18). For more biblical insight into this vital topic of spiritual warfare, check out What the Bible Has to Say about Spiritual Warfare. 

Thanks for stopping by . . .
pj

No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...