Friday Coffee with PJ

Grab your coffee and take a few minutes to join me for some thoughts that have been rumbling through my mind of late ...

1. Browsing through a Christian bookstore these days can be quite the scary activity. I am amazed at some of the books that are on the best seller lists of Christian books. The content of many of these books are far removed from the content that the Bible actually teaches. If you have a little bit of time, you might want to listen to the Bully Pulpit: Browsing the Christian Bookstore. Quite sobering indeed!

2. Spring is now less than one week away. Yet as I write these words, the temperature is only in the mid twenties (but it feels like the single digits!) and it is 1:45 in the afternoon! This may be the year we have no spring. The weather will remain winter like and then, one day, summer will break through. Ahh ... that word "summer" sure is sounding better and better to my ears! And speaking of words ... there are no better words than those spoken by God. And yes, we have them! They are contained in 66 different books that make up the Bible. And I hope you are spending time in God's Word. I know ... I probably sound like a broken record ... but so be it. For there is NO GREATER FACTOR in your spiritual growth than the Scripture. In its pages are everything you need to know about God and HIS will. So ... if you have not taken up the challenge to SEIZE THE DAY by seeking to KNOW God's Word and striving to LIVE God's Word, I encourage you to take a moment and check out our CARPE DIEM Blog.

3. Finally, I want to let you all know that I thank God for each and every person who stops by my blog to read AND, I hope, glean some tidbit of truth that will spur them on in their walk with God. Life is too short (and wow, I hit 58 yesterday!) and the opportunities too great to waste our lives in trivial pursuits. So I pray that God will give all of us the wisdom to number our days and make the most of our time (Psalm 90:12; Ephesians 5:15-16).

Thanks for stopping by . . .
pj

No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...