Friday Coffee with PJ

As you pour your cup of Joe (and I hope you enjoy yours as much as I do!), please pull up a chair and join me for just a couple of random thoughts. 

1. For the past number of years, I have served on the board of a small Jewish mission with an every growing ministry! Hebrew Christian Fellowship has been engaged in reaching Jews for Messiah Jesus since 1943! Among the number of affilitated ministries in the land of Israel is Israel College of Bible. Erez Soref, the president of ICB has been to Grace Church twice in the past. In recent years, the college has seen an explosion of growth of an ever expanding student population. And what is most exciting about the students is not the number of them ... but who they are. The student body includes both Israeli Jews AND Arabs! All coming together as one to study God's Word!  One of the ministries of ICB is Five Alive. It is a weekly video devotional based on one of the five books of Moses (hence the name FIVE alive!). David Salinger, son of John and Ruth Salinger whom we as a church supported for many years, is featured in this Five Alive video. I encourage you to take the five minutes required to watch it! You WILL be blessed! You may also want to take an additional two minutes to watch this endorsement of ICBC from NFL record setting kicker, Jason Elam who played in the NFL for 17 years (for the Broncos and Falcons). Enjoy! 

2. Not only was yesterday (June 12th) my wife's birthday, it was also the first day of a week long vacation. I looked up the word "vacation" in the dictionary and found this definition: a respite or a time of respite from something. Now the word "respite" is not a word I typically use, so I consulted a dictionary again and found that "respite" means an interval of rest or relief . So putting those two definitions together, I see that a vacation is an interval of rest or relief from something. In this case, the "something" would be the daily grind of my work. Ahh. I am more than ready for that! Most of my time off will be spent just doing this and that with my wife and stopping in on some "old" friends! So as I am getting some needed respite, please pray for me. I'll be back next week with some more food for your soul!

Thanks for stopping by . . . 
pj

No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...