Serve One Another!

Recently I took my Nissan Versa to the Nissan dealership where I bought it. They serviced and inspected the vehicle.  They told me it would take about an hour or so to complete.  Sure enough, just a bit over an hour later, I was out the door and on my way.  I wish more of life worked as smoothly!

The next day I received a follow-up email from the dealership.  They asked me a few short questions about the service I received and then thanked me for bringing the car to them.  As I completed the brief survey, I remember thinking to myself, “Now that’s how to run a business!”  Here was a car dealership that really cared about me and what I thought about their service.  

God calls us to service – not ourselves (which is what so many of us spend most of our time doing!) – but others!  In Galatians 5:13 the Apostle Paul writes ”You, my brothers, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the sinful nature; rather, serve one another in love.” As we strive to obey God’s command to serve, let’s follow the example of this dealership.  Determine to do your very best as you minister to the needs of those around you.  In doing so, you will help others and honor God.  And isn’t that what life is supposed to be about?

Thanks for stopping by . . . 
pj

No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...