Friday Coffee with PJ

Ahh ... time for that wonderful cup of coffee! Why not pour yourself a cup and join me for a few random thoughts.

1. On our recent vacation, my wife and I enjoyed the 1.5 mile hike up the gorge in Watkins Glen State Park. The climb up involved over 800 steps (fortunately not all at once). The trail follows the stream which runs through the gorge. It is a fabulously beautiful (at at times refreshingly wet) hike! As I think back on how the rushing waters turn this way and that as they cascade down through the gorge, I think of what God tells us in Proverbs that a king's heart is like a stream of water that God turns as HE wills (Proverbs 21:1). Even the "mightiest" on earth are not independent of the will of Almighty God! Certainly this reality should bring us much comfort in these turbulent days in which we live! Our sovereign God has a plan and he is working that plan! And there is absolutely NOthing that can stop Him!

2. Also on our vacation, we connected with some long time friends. We had a delightful evening with them, enjoying catching up with one another AND discussing a variety of topics related to our faith journeys. Sharon and I left their home with full stomachs and warm hearts. All of which reminded us that friendships are worth every bit of our effort to nurture and grow. Far too often we allow our pursuit of "stuff" get in the way of things that really matter ... one of which are the friendships that God blesses us with! So ... if you have a friend in your life whom you have not contacted lately, stop what you are doing right now and contact them. You will be glad that you did!

3. When I got back in the office this morning, in addition to three different meetings I have had, I have been trying to catch up with the email that piled up in my absence. Well, after a couple of hours, I am almost there (keep in mind, more came in today that I had to deal with!). I plan to finish up tomorrow morning. My mind is a bit fried at this point. But think with me about God. How many more "emails" in the form of prayers does he receive in a day. Millions ... in thousands of different languages. Yet he handles EACH ONE with care, wisdom, and immediacy. That blows me away! What a mind! What a God! WOW!

Thanks for stopping by . . .
pj

No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...