A Prayer from Yesteryear for Today!

I just love reading and praying the prayers of the Puritans. These men and women of centuries ago really knew their God ... and that comes out in a powerful way in their prayers. Here is a portion of a prayer that I read (and prayed) today. I invite you to take a moment and pray it, too.

"Thou incomprehensible but prayer hearing God,  
To you I come in my difficulties, necessities, distresses; possess me with yourself, with a spirit of grace and supplication, with a prayerful attitude of mind, with access into warmth of fellowship, so that in the ordinary concerns of life my thoughts and desires may rise to you, and in habitual devotion I may find a resource that will soothe my sorrows, sanctify my successes, and qualify me and always for dealings with my fellow men."

Thanks for stopping by...

PJ

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What SHAPE are you in?

Post Surgery Update

As Dorothy Said, "There's No Place Like Home!"