A Prayer from Yesteryear for Today!

I just love reading and praying the prayers of the Puritans. These men and women of centuries ago really knew their God ... and that comes out in a powerful way in their prayers. Here is a portion of a prayer that I read (and prayed) today. I invite you to take a moment and pray it, too.

"Thou incomprehensible but prayer hearing God,  
To you I come in my difficulties, necessities, distresses; possess me with yourself, with a spirit of grace and supplication, with a prayerful attitude of mind, with access into warmth of fellowship, so that in the ordinary concerns of life my thoughts and desires may rise to you, and in habitual devotion I may find a resource that will soothe my sorrows, sanctify my successes, and qualify me and always for dealings with my fellow men."

Thanks for stopping by...

PJ

No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...