Beware of a Quick Tongue

Winston Churchill, the courageous British Prime Minister who led his nation through the darkest of days during the Nazi bombing of London, was known for his wit and sometimes sharp tongue. Concerning the tongue, he himself said, "We are masters of unsaid words, but slaves of those we let slip out." On this Churchill was right on!

I wonder how many of us suffer from what I call "diarrhea of the mouth?" Far too many of us begin to wag our tongues before our mind is in gear! All of us could benefit from the wisdom offered to us in Proverbs 10:19: "When words are many, sin is not absent, but he who holds his tongue is wise."

So I challenge you today to think before you speak. A word once spoken can never be retrieved.

Thanks for stopping by,
PJ



No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...