Gone on Vacation!


Starting tomorrow (June 18th), I will begin a week of vacation. I looked up the word "vacation" in the dictionary and found this defintion: a respite or a time of respite from something. Now the word "respite" is not a word I typically use, so I consulted a dictionary again and found that "respite" means an interval of rest or relief . So putting those two definitions together, I see that a vacation is an interval of rest or relief from something. In this case, the "something" would be the daily grind of my work. Ahh. I think I am more than ready for that! I plan to spend some extra time with at least two of my adult children this week (along with my wife of course!). So as I am getting some needed respite, please pray for me. I'll be back next week with some more food for your soul!

Thanks for listening,

pj

No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...