Too Much to Handle - Part 2 . . .


Little did I realize earlier this week that when I wrote about trials, I would be called upon to heed my own counsel. It all happened yesterday afternoon about 2 PM. I received a call on my cell phone from a stranger informing me that my daughter, Kate was in an accident. The caller was quick to assure me that Kate was OK - but I will tell you that the fifteen minute drive to the accident scene seemed to take an eternity! When I finally arrived, my eyes took it all in ... police car, two ambulances, a crowd of people, a banged up SUV and Kate's once shiny now smashed Dodge Neon. I immediately jumped out of my car and rushed to Kate's side. She was lying on a back board while a pair of EMT's were examining her. She assured me that she was not badly hurt and was shortly loaded onto the ambulance for the trip to LGH. After exchanging info with the police officer who was investigating, I climbed back in my car and drove to the hospital. Once there, Kate went through a series of xrays and a CAT scan, all which came back negative. As of this writing, she is still in LGH for observation purposes. Hopefully she will come home no later than tomorrow (Saturday). But through it all, Sharon, Kate and I are experiencing the truth of the verse I quoted the other day, Isaiah 43:2 where God makes this promise to us, "When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze." Thank God for His comforting presence!

Thanks for listening,

pj

No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...