Thankful for the Providence of God

I want to go "on record" as being very thankful that our God is a God of PROVIDENCE. Simply, this means that God has a plan and He is working that plan! Life, although at times may seem random and arbitrary in what comes our way - is anything but! There is an invisible hand moving the pieces of life's puzzle so that, at the end of the day, the puzzle is completed in line with his wisdom and will. As the Apostle Paul states so clearly in Ephesians 1:11 God "works out everything in conformity with the purpose of his will." Now I don't know about you - but for me that thought brings me a lot of comfort! And it gives me the courage to get out of bed each day and face the day ahead!

As I reflect on God's providence, I am grateful for a number of blessings I have enjoyed in life due to the providence of God. In his providence, God allowed me to be born into the Smith family in Harrisburg, PA on March 12, 1956 - the second (and unexpected) twin! Having been born in this prosperous country, I never had to experience the suffering of what many children throughout this world must endure. In his providence, God led me to a church in Lewisberry, PA where eventually, on a weekend youth retreat, I responded to the gospel and was radically changed. It was there at Camp Penn that I found Jesus Christ (or should I better say, Jesus Christ found me!). In his providence, God led me to PBU where I met the love of my life. Sharon and I began our dating relationship in the middle of my sophomore year and her freshman year. Two and half years later, we were married! In his providence, God blessed us with three children - all of whom bless us to this day. In his providence, God led me to Grace back in the summer of 1989. Little did I suspect then that I would remain here eighteen years (and counting!).
I think you get the point -- at least I hope you do. God has a plan - a plan for you, for your loved ones, for our church, our nation and our world. AND He IS working that plan! Praise God for HIS PROVIDENCE!

Thanks for listening,
pj

No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...