Thank God for TERRA FIRMA!


I have not been out on the open ocean very often in my life ... in fact, I think it's only been twice. Both experiences included some bouts of nausea (a.k.a. "sea-sickness"). I cannot adequately express to you how RELIEVED I felt to get back onto terra firma following those two marine adventures! After rocking and rolling with the waves of the sea, I was absolutely thrilled to have solid (a.k.a. "unmoving") ground under my feet!

That's also how I feel when I think about God's Word. As we go through all the turmoil and the "ups and downs" of life - it is quite reassuring to know that we can take a stand on the rock solidness of God's Word! As the apostle Paul wrote, "All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work" (2 Timothy 3:16-17). No matter what good work we are engaged in, the Word of God is SUFFICIENT to thoroughly (NOT partially) equip us for that work! Thank God for that!

Thanks for listening,

pj

No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...