The Rat Race?

The expression, "rat race" is one that is often thrown around in the midst of the busyness of life today. According to Wikipedia, it is a term used "for an endless, self-defeating or pointless pursuit. It conjures up the image of the futile efforts of a lab rat trying to escape while running around a maze or in a wheel. In an analogy to the modern city, many rats in a single maze run around making a lot of noise bumping into each other, but ultimately achieve nothing (meaningful) either collectively or individually."

In some ways, I feel like I have been in a race this past month. Prep for our India trip. Then the trip itself. Then back home trying to catch up on what piled up while I was gone. Then off again to Grace Board meetings. Now I'm back and again catching up on what piled up -- and all this with Easter Sunday just around the corner! Yes it has been a race. But NO it has not been a "rat race!" What I am doing is achieving meaningful results (at least I am hoping and praying this is so!). And though I have been busy, I have been busy serving the King of the Universe! And that makes all the travel, the long hours, the short nights worth it! Now, having said this, I know I must soon "come apart lest I fall apart" (please see Mark 6:31). That's a blog posting for another day (check back tomorrow)!

Thanks for stopping by . . .

pj

No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...