What's for Supper?

The answer to this question may depend on whether you are a man or a woman. According to a recent study of 14,000 men and women, the sexes differ as to their eating habits. Men eat more meat, women eat more fruits and vegetables. Now that surely does not surprise me. But what does is that men are more likely to eat Brussels sprouts and asparagus than women. Well I want you to know that even though I enjoy most veggies, Brussels sprouts and asparagus are not on my list of "must-have" vegetables!

For me, this study simply illustrates that there are indeed differences between men and women. We communicate and think differently (check out the book, Men Are Like Waffles--Women Are Like Spaghetti: Understanding and Delighting in Your Differences for a pretty fair treatment of the differences between the sexes). We respond emotionally differently. We relate to others of our same sex differently. And I could go on and on and on. These differences make a relationship like marriage both frustrating at times, and fascinating at other times. And it is because of these differences that husbands and wives must learn patience as they seek to understand one another.
I hope if you are married (or engaged to be married) that you will strive to do your best to understand your partner. Ask God for his insights (remember he is the designer and creator of both men and women). Get a book (like the one I mentioned above) and read it with your spouse. But most of all, enjoy the way God had made both you and your spouse - differences and all!

Thanks for stopping by . . .

pj

No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...