To India and Back!

I have now been to India twice. I admit that does not make me an expert on traveling to India - not even close! But this second trip was a reminder that India is indeed on the far side of the world! And to get there requires a lot of travel via planes, planes and automobiles (not to mention the hours of waiting in airport terminals!).

Yes, the trip may be a long one - even a brutal one at times. And sure - after 36 hours of continuous travel the only thing I was thinking about was laying my head on a pillow and going to sleep! But all the rigors of travel were quickly forgotten when the vehicle I was in pulled through the front gate of Children's Fellowship of India early on Tuesday afternoon, February 19th. There lined up on either side of the drive were the boys and staff members of CFI.

As I got out of the car and began to walk down the drive, I was mobbed by smiling boys - all reaching for my hands as they called out, "Uncle! Uncle!" Right then and there I knew our team was in for a good time in Naya Akola. The boys were thrilled to see us - just as we were to see them!

More on what God accomplished in us and through us ... tomorrow. But for today ...

Thanks for stopping by,

pj

No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...