A Prayer for Your Day

Recently I picked up the book, A Diary of Private Prayers, by John Baillie. It's a great book ... and has proved helpful to me in my own praying!  Baillie was a Scottish theologian and wrote this little book, considered a devotional classic in 1936. I highly recommend it!

Here is a brief prayer from Baillie's little gem ... I encourage you to make it your own.



O God, who hast been the Refuge of my fathers through many generations, be my Refuge today in every time and circumstance of need. My Guide through all that is dark and doubtful. Be my Guard against all that threatens my spirit’s welfare. Be my Strength in time of testing. Gladden my heart with Thy peace; through Jesus Christ my Lord. Amen.


Thanks for stopping by . . .
pj


No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...