Want to Live Longer? Grab a Cup of Joe!

As I am writing these thoughts, I am drinking my third (or is it fourth) cup of coffee (and all before 9 AM!). And after reading an article about the a recent study in the prestigious New England Journal of Medicine, I think I might go for another! According to this study, of a group of 400,000 older adults who participated, those who drank a few cups of coffee each day lived longer!  Yes!

But hold on ... other researchers cry! This study is not enough to begin guzzling coffee! There is still more research to be done! So here we go again ... one group says "coffee drinking has health benefits" ... another says "not so fast, we need to know more before we can sign off on selling coffee at health and nutrional stores."

As I thought of this ... into my mind popped the face of a friend of mine whose father died just short of the century mark. I remember my friend telling me that her father had the same thing for breakfast every morning .... a bowl of coffee soup. Of course, I had no idea what she was talking about ... so she described coffee soup for me ... a bit of milk ... a slice of bread ... an a whole lot of coffee poured into a bowl. She told me about coffee soup some ten years or so ago ... and I have not tried it yet. But, given this new report ... I might just have to order a bowl the next time I have a breakfast meeting.

Do you want to live long and prosper (for this life)? Then drink coffee! Do  you wan to live long and prosper (forever)? Then look to Jesus Christ! He is the way and the truth and the life. And no one comes to the Father (and heaven) but through him (John 14:6). If you want to explore how you can receive eternal life through Christ, I encourage you to visit, Two Ways to Live: The Choice We All Face.



Thanks for stopping by . . .
pj

No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...