When You Think You've Got It -You Don't!


When you think you've got it, you don't! What in the world am I talking about? Fame? Riches? Intelligence? Good looks?  None of these really. What I am referring to is humility. Humility is that virtue that when we think we have it ... we probably don't! 

Here is what D.L. Moody (great evangelist of the 1800's) had to say about humility. It's worth a read! 

"Some years ago I saw what is called a sensitive plant. I happened to breath on it, and suddenly it drooped its head; I touched it, and it withered away. Humility is as sensitive as that; it cannot safely be brought out on exhibition. A man who is flattering himself that he is humble and walking close to the Master, is self-deceived. Humility consists not in thinking meanly of ourselves, but in not thinking of ourselves at all. Moses did not know his face shone. If humility speaks of itself, it is gone." 


So how about you? Do you think you are humble? Do you find yourself often referring to how you "humbly" serve others? Perhaps you are not as humble as you think. 

Thanks for stopping by . . . 
pj

No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...